Re: [Gimp-user] Question about XCF files

On 04/28/2013 06:03 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Tom Williams wrote:

Anyway, when I open this XCF file in Gimp 2.8.4, it opens fine and I can see
the layers fine in the layers dialog window. However, when I use the text
tool to try to edit one of the text layers, I'm unable to do so and the text
tool doesn't seem to recognize the text layer as a text layer.
It's a stupid question, but are you quite sure you didn't change text
layers before saving? Some action like changing the layer size would
do that. In that case in the Layers dialog you'd see the thumbnail of
the text layer instead of the stock icon with a "T" character.

Thanks for the reply.  Well, you were right about the text layer change.  When I look at my XCF file, the text layers have names like "New Layer" instead of the actual text in the layer.  Plus, I see a thumbnail of the text layer instead of the stock icon you mention.  I most likely made the text layer the same size as the image and then saved the file.

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

--