[Gimp-user] Need help with translucent image

I'm trying to expand a translucent image and keep the coloration even
throughout.  The original image is flat on top and fades to a darker color near
the edge.  I've tried everything I know how to do (admittedly not much) with no
success.  I attached a portion of the image to make it easier to understand what
I'm dealing with.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/34/original/Help.png

--
PieceKeepr (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)