Re: [Gimp-user] Question about XCF files

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Tom Williams wrote:

Anyway, when I open this XCF file in Gimp 2.8.4, it opens fine and I can see
the layers fine in the layers dialog window. However, when I use the text
tool to try to edit one of the text layers, I'm unable to do so and the text
tool doesn't seem to recognize the text layer as a text layer.

It's a stupid question, but are you quite sure you didn't change text
layers before saving? Some action like changing the layer size would
do that. In that case in the Layers dialog you'd see the thumbnail of
the text layer instead of the stock icon with a "T" character.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org