Re: [Gimp-user] [Request] Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was exported/overwrited ?

On Sat, 2012-09-15 at 11:00 -0700, Akkana Peck wrote:
Why does exporting an image mark it dirty even if it's been saved as XCF?

Michael Natterer writes:
Perhaps consider the possibility that something is broken?

After some experimentation and suggestions from Mitch, it turned out
that it's because I had Preview on in my saved JPEG options. That
causes a parasite to be attached to the image, as well as various
other changes, when exporting to JPEG ... which marks the image dirty.

Mitch said the only solution, for now, is to disable JPEG Preview,
because it's implemented as an "utter hack". Which I'll do, since
the preview has several other problems too.

        ...Akkana