Re: [Gimp-user] [Request] Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was exported/overwrited ?

Like it or not, what file formats are available under the "Save" dialog says
a lot about your program's core >purpose.  Somebody said "GIMP is no longer
an 'image' editor, it's now an 'xcf' editor" - I have to agree.

GIMP does not stand out as the only graphic editor that does it. Krita,
Blender, Synfig, Inkscape, MyPaint -
just to name a few OpenSource editors, all have the concept of saving in
their unique native formats as an
opposite to exporting. Not even all of them have the ability to export
anything else to begin with.
All the plugins handling non-native file formats are not built in GIMP
library core, that's why they are called
plugins. Fact is, GIMP imports alien to its core files, and following the
logic, it should export them as well.
That's exactly what it does. I see neither controversy nor inconsistency in
that.

-----
Nik O.
Никита Омуль