Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

On 09/11/2012 11:45 AM, Maarten De Munck wrote:
maderios schreef op di 11-09-2012 om 08:52 [+0200]:

1. This change doesn't remove functionality. It only moves it.
The problem is that gimp arbitrarily separates the types of files: .xcf
and others. This does not happen like this in the work. We work
indifferently on all file types.

Maybe _you_ do, but I (and at least some other users) make a clear
distinction between XCF, which stores the image and my manipulations on
it (layers, masks, selections), making it possible to change some
operations afterwards (if for example some details are lost in a certain
printing process or if I just change my mind about how the image has to
look in a series or ...) and standard image formats (which only store
the results of these operations).

It's really very simple:

Photoshop / Saving images
Save a file
Use the Save command to save changes to the current file or the Save As command to save changes to a different file.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7783a.html

Set file saving preferences
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7783a.html#WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7720a

Greetings