Re: [Gimp-user] Tearing my hair out

I see nothing like that here - below the "Toll Options" tab with its icon, it goes directly into the name of the tool, and then the actual options. The left facing arrow, located directly to the right of the the tab I have been dragging
only activates a menu, and cannot be dragged.

However, after rebooting my computer, dragging the tab that says "Tool Options" with the icon (the thing I've been dragging all this time, as the tutorials have indicated), properly worked; the space highlighted blue, and the tab docked. I used the left-facing arrow menu to lock the tab to the dock, so hopefully that will work, considering that before I moved the tab out, it had been locked.

It appears to be some kind of bug, which I will report - for others having this issue, suggest a computer reboot, it seems to fix whatever was preventing it
from docking to begin with.

--
Briyanna

Did you try switching to single window mode and then back to docked window mode? This helps me a lot when I missconfigure some window since it restores almost everything. This solution does not require a reboot but is a 2.8 only solution.

Alex