Re: [Gimp-user] Tearing my hair out

On 11/12/12 15:43, Briyanna wrote:
I accidentally pulled my Tool Options tab from my Toolbox.  No matter how I drag
it back to where it says "You can drop dockable dialogs here" it does not return
to where it came from.  It will drag itself to random places all over my
display, but it refuses to dock back to the Toolbox.

I've seen tutorials and help texts and videos show that there should be a blue
outline when it's in place, or it turns into a hand in some versions, but that
doesn't happen for me - the top left corner remains a black "arrow" (corner),
and it will drag maybe halfway to where I tell it to if I am trying to move it
across the screen, and drop where it feels like dropping.

Does anyone have any idea how to put the Tool Options tab BACK on the Toolbox
where it belongs?

Thanks!

Using GIMP v 2.8.2 on Windows 7 Home Premium

I'm still running 2.6 but I think it's the same
I think you're dragging by the normal window manager header,
not the gimp dialog header, which is the bar just below it where
the tool options menu button is along with the tool name.
Press and hold in the area to the left of the tool options menu button
(e.g. if it's showing the paintbrush tool,
the tool options menu button is the arrow to the right
of where it says "Paintbrush" at the top;
press on the tool name or the blank area to the left of the left arrow button)

BTW, once it's back where it belongs,
you can bring up the tool options menu and select "lock to tab to dock"
which should prevent dragging it out in the future.

Gary