Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP at Blueforge - the Software Wiki!

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 09:47:43AM +0000, Angelika Müller wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen,

during our research for software of the category image processing
programms, we found the homepage of your product GIMP.

And this is of great interest for our project
Blueforge<http://www.blueforge.biz/>! It is a German project, based on
the well-known Wikipedia-method. Our aim is to create a knowledge base
about every kind of software. This special Wiki should give a
comprehensive overview of different software products, categorised by
the fields of application.

In the following days, also your software should  be placed at
Blueforge.biz. To extend the article about your software product, we
want to add a logo and maybe other pictures from your homepage, like for
example screenshots or product pictures. Therefore we want to ask you
for the permission to add these to the article. Of course, we will also
provide the pictures with the appropriate reference to the producer and
resource. If you send us some more information about the license, we
will also add those to the pictures. To guarantee optimal quality of
your product logo at Blueforge, please send us your logo file and we´ll
add it to the article. If you want to send us some more important
informations about your software, you´re always welcome and we´re
looking forward hearing from you.

The Blueforge project is in German so far, but the next step is to
offer it in English and other languages too. We would appreciate your
help and hope you´ll support us with your permission for the pictures!

With best regards,

   Angelika Mueller

You do not need to ask permission. You just have to read the program &
documentation licences to comply. You see, people at wikipedia never
asked any permission here to publish the GIMP pages... they just comply
with the GIMP GPL & GNU FDL licences...

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP