Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

I have already made my thoughts known - I don't like the new system.

That said, I have three options: (1) adapt my work habits, (2) stay on 2.6. or (3) change the source.

There is a fourth option: the dev's revert to the old functionality. But, clearly, this is not going to happen.

Of the three options, I can do (3) but don't want the hassle of maintaining my local patches for evermore. Plus I'm too lazy. Option (2) just isn't practical. So, in a very Sherlock Holmes fashion, that leaves me with option (1).

I'm sure that, ultimately, this precisely what everyone is going to have to do.

But the number of posts over the last couple of days tell a story: This obviously is a very invasive and unwelcome change to the workflow of many people.

We have heard of how the GIMP change process works. I have no idea of what can be done to prevent a repeat of this type of issue.

But I humbly suggest that something must change.

The positive is that the dev's have responded in a balanced and informative way.

Finally, to the dev's: thanks for a great product - with one exception. ;)

[...]

Kev