Re: [Gimp-user] Cannot enter Japanese text?

On 07/22/2012 05:20 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Sun, 2012-07-22 at 15:47 -0400, Daniel Hauck wrote:
You may need to open tool options for the text tool and choose "use input editor." Liam

Did that... should have added that to my original message. The results are the same.

I believe the problem is connected with my lack of theme support in that the program and libraries living in /opt/gimp-2.8 are not finding something which connects it to the rest of the UI which, I'm guessing, wants to see GNOME/GTK things and falls back to X11 things which produces the bland/generic results I am seeing.