Re: [Gimp-user] Questions about gimp compairing gimp to PS

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Daniel Smith wrote:
Alexandre,
well, design has never really been considered a high paid occupation
now, has it?

By whom? :) Besides, a lot depends on lifestyle. Living frugally on
$60K vs. living lavishly on $120K turns out to be pretty much the same
thing or even better.

The point I'm trying to make is that in the long run "whatever works
best" is still the best approach. We can argue about licenses and
"evil" vendors all we like, but once you do paid projects and treat
this job seriously, justifying software expenses can be not such a big
deal. Similarly, it's quite OK for people to buy Apple hardware if
they have a project to pay the expense off nicely.

This is really about looking at things through investment lens.

Like I said before, to view open source as if it's all white knights
is a misnomer.

Indeed :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org