Re: [Gimp-user] Questions about gimp compairing gimp to PS

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Steve Kinney <admin pilobilus net> wrote:
In re adjustment layers, I may be missing something fundamental but
I seem to be doing the same thing, more or less, in the GIMP:

Nah. In PS I can insert a "levels" layer.  Everything under the layer
is affected by the levels operation.  But here's the kicker - you can
always go back and adjust the levels settings.  I don't use PS all
that much anymore, but there were a few adjustment layers that real
time-savers ("colorize" being one).

As you say, you can "sort of" get the same result in GIMP manually but
the mechanism is not the same at all.

Chris