Re: [Gimp-user] Getting skin tones right

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM, scl wrote:
I'm trying to print a scanned 8 X 10 professional photo of an
African-American family (fiends) who have rich tones of very dark milk
chocolate to middle dark brown.

I know black skin tones are either red or yellow. I have been playing
with color balance, but the results are very dull and flat.

Hi Gracia,

try the Levels tool. You can adjust brightness and contrast with it quite
easily.

I would start with finding out how Gracia prints exactly: what
software, whether color management is on etc.

A quick tip: if you print via PhotoPrint [1] and have an ICC profile
for the paper/ink combination for the best color match, you can use
"Warm/Cool" effect to make an image look warmer. You can also preview
the effect on display without printing.

[1] http://blackfiveimaging.co.uk/index.php?article=02Software%2F01PhotoPrint

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org