Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

On 08/13/2012 09:45 PM, Ofnuts wrote:

We see the reasons behind the change

May you explain here the reasons of the change concerning save and save as ?

Before:

- Creates complex images with several layers, paths, masks
- Wants a PNG to show Mr Customer
- Does Save as... PNG
- Exits -> lost the last changes in layers, paths, masks

So somewhere you need some way to tell Gimp that when you save as PNG (or JPG/GIF/TIIF) you aren't really saving.

Now:
- Creates complex images with several layers, paths, masks
- Wants a PNG to show Mr Customer
- Does Export as... PNG
- Exits -> Gimp complains image not saved -> No loss of layers, paths, masks

Hi Ofnuts

You don't answer my question about the reasons of the change concerning save and save as. I simply try to understand and it's not easy because the change is not coherent. It is strange that evolution that leads to slow down workflow is presented as a progress ... I started my Linux and Gimp user life in 1999: Redhat, Mandrake, Suse, Mandriva, Fedora, Debian now, the best ... I don't like desktops like Gnome, Kde, Xfce. I use E17, very light and nice desktop (yes it is), quite a long time
http://www.enlightenment.org/
I had time and I take time to train me to adapt but I can't adapt to waste my time with this incoherent behavior of "save" in Gimp-2.8.
My job is the priority, so back to Gimp-2.6.
I have time to wait...... Perhaps we'll open a "wishlist" bug ? I don't know....

Regards
Maderios