Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Site Redesign

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 09:35:18PM -0400, Frank Gore wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Josh Simons <josh moosehill net> wrote:

Just one user's opinion, but I like the proposed design. While it may be "glossier", the important
difference for me is that the content is easier to read.

All that's needed for that is dark text on a light background.

I've got nothing against "gloss", I just don't think the proposed
design is an improvement (with the exception of the dark text on light
background, that's always easier on the eyes)

The stripes on the background make it harder. The two images are unrelated
and only take away space. The scrolling of text with e.g. News feels
dated.
If something new, I would go for something realy new. e.g. news.cnet.com
has in the top two banners in 1/5th of the space everything you want to
get around on the site.

Once people have seen your site, a huge introduction and logo is not
needed. If you need an explanation on what a site is about, you are doing
it wrong. Use an 'About' button if you must.

houghi
--
Remind me to write an article on the compulsive reading of news. The
theme will be that most neuroses can be traced to the unhealthy habit