Re: [Gimp-user] Crash

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer fsfe org> wrote:
Bob Long writes:

> Stefan Maerz wrote,
>
> [..]
>
>> It is possible to write a python-fu versioning system, right? I've yet
>> to do anything with python-fu so I'm not sure.
>>
>> -Stefan
>
> I've never used it, but look at:
> http://registry.gimp.org/node/14246
>
> "It will save a backup copy of your active image as
> [imagename]-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM.xcfgz in the same directory as your
> active image."

Just tried it, it works great :)

Note: if you do two backups within one minute, only the last one will be
saved. That's not really a bug though ;)

Would you like it to not overwrite?  I can change it fairly easily, by extending the naming convention to add seconds :)

I created it for just this reason, so I'm glad someone else will get some use from it...

FYI there are also two times based alternatives:
perl autosave: http://registry.gimp.org/node/20875
python autosave: http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-developer lists xcf berkeley edu/msg18118.html

but I have never used either...

-Rob A>