Re: [Gimp-user] Crash

May I add that it is also a good idea to shut Gimp down and re-open that
latest file. This ensures that the project has been saved properly and can be
read.

Paranoid? Who? Me?!

Kev

On Tue November 29 2011 15:06:33 Chris Mohler wrote:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Destiny Bottino <desbot24 yahoo com> wrote:
I was recently working on a big project of mine using GIMP. I had spent
5
hours straight working on it, saving it every 5 minutes

Personally, after a couple of hours or so of work (in any graphics
program), I usually do a File->Save As and append a number to the
filename.  So if I start a project, I'll save it as something like
"my_project_01.xcf", then after a while save as "my_project_02.xcf" -
that way even if I close or crash GIMP I have a series of 'snapshots'
of the project I can go back to if needed.  This has saved me from
disaster more than once - I've seen everything from lightning strikes
to pets eating power cords, not to mention pilot error ;)

OTOH, I hardly ever crash GIMP - you definitely should try and track
down the cause of those crashes also.

Chris