Re: [Gimp-user] Crash

On 11/29/2011 3:16 PM, Frank Gore wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Chris Mohler<cr33dog gmail com>  wrote:
Personally, after a couple of hours or so of work (in any graphics
program), I usually do a File->Save As and append a number to the
filename.  So if I start a project, I'll save it as something like
"my_project_01.xcf", then after a while save as "my_project_02.xcf" -
that way even if I close or crash GIMP I have a series of 'snapshots'
of the project I can go back to if needed.
I'd say the workflow you describe is probably one of the best ones to
adopt when working on any large graphic project. That's how all the
employees (including myself) did it when I worked for a multimedia
company, and it saved my ass more than once.
It is possible to write a python-fu versioning system, right? I've yet to do anything with python-fu so I'm not sure.

-Stefan