[Gimp-user] Crash

Hello,
I was recently working on a big project of mine using GIMP. I had spent 5 hours straight working on it, saving it every 5 minutes, and then GIMP crashed and lost everything but a few layers. This was not a saving issue because the layers that stayed were made at completely different times. I lost pretty much all my work and I am furious. I don't have time to do it all over again. I'm pretty sure there is no way of bringing it back. GIMP is a wonderful drawing program and I use it all the time, but this was just too overboard for me. It crashes almost everytime I use it but all those other times, everything was saved alright and everything was fine. This time one of my best drawings was lost and there is no way of bringing it back (trust me, I've tried everything). I am letting you know because I don't want this to happen to anyone else and (even though I am certain nothing can fix it) is there anyway to bring my drawing back? I put my best work into it and it makes me furious that its gone. Please, if anyone knows how to bring it back, please help me. This drawing meant a lot to me.