Re: [Gimp-gui] Rust Support and Suggestions

On 2019-08-30 15:37, Sherif Ahmad wrote:
Hi,

 How can remove Gimp list?
 The message is already sent.

Well you can't indeed on past messages, but on future messages which happens on the GNOME mailing lists, please do so.

You are welcome to discuss further on the topic here, but only when it pertains to GIMP. I will reject every message which may come from the GNOME side of the discussion.

Please next time, don't crosspost. If you have a topic which may be of interest to several lists, customize your message to the intent of every list. We can't guess what is in your mind.
Thanks.

Jehan

 Sorry.

-------------------------

FROM: Sherif Ahmad <she7631 hotmail com>
 SENT: Friday, August 30, 2019 3:34 PM
 TO: Jehan <jehan girinstud io>; gimp-gui-list gnome org
<gimp-gui-list gnome org>
 SUBJECT: Re: [Gimp-gui] Rust Support and Suggestions

 Hi Jehan,
 Your reply was fast. 🙂

 Regarding Gimp, the suggestions could inspire it to considering:

        * Allowing Rust extensions.

        * Making a Wasm version for browsers, even though I don't expect this
to be easy.

After thinking, I think I might have been against C, so you don't need
to take it seriously. Also, I'm not a Gimp developer.

Sincerely,
Sherif Ali.

-------------------------

FROM: Jehan <jehan girinstud io>
 SENT: Friday, August 30, 2019 3:22 PM
 TO: gimp-gui-list gnome org <gimp-gui-list gnome org>
 CC: Sherif Ahmad <she7631 hotmail com>
 SUBJECT: Re: [Gimp-gui] Rust Support and Suggestions

Hi Sherif,

 Why is GIMP mailing list in Cc? Was it a mistake?

 Also your email got stuck because you are apparently not subscribed
 the mailing list. I still let the email pass through because it is
 obviously not a spam. Yet it seems totally off-topic with GIMP. Not
sure
 I'll let other unsubscribed message go through, unless you also tell
us
 how it has any relationship with us. :-)

 Jehan

 On 2019-08-30 14:49, Sherif Ahmad via gimp-gui-list wrote:
 > ​Dear Gnome,
 >
 > I suggest you support Rust in Gnome Builder:
 >
 > * Cargo support: Clicking Run or build calls Rustc not Cargo's
 > running or building commands.
 > * RLS support: Take advantage of all Info. RLS presents and improve
 > auto-completion and other IDE functions.
 >
 > * Create Builder plugins in Rust.
 >
 > Since Gnome Builder is in C with good GUI, it can be a better
option
 > than Intellij which performs slowly, consume a lot of RAM and its
GUI
 > isn't well-configured for each language.
 >
 > Also, I suggest you support GTK-rs [1] officially.
 > Rust is better and safer than C and C++, so lots of people are
 > interested in it. Some Gnome developers may decide to port their
 > programs to Rust.
 >
 > Since Rust supports Wasm [2], it could be possible to build to GTK
and
 > Gnome applications that run on the web.
 > Gnome could enter a new field.
 >
 > Sincerely,