Re: [Gimp-gui] Rust Support and Suggestions

Hi Sherif,

Why is GIMP mailing list in Cc? Was it a mistake?

Also your email got stuck because you are apparently not subscribed to the mailing list. I still let the email pass through because it is obviously not a spam. Yet it seems totally off-topic with GIMP. Not sure I'll let other unsubscribed message go through, unless you also tell us how it has any relationship with us. :-)

Jehan

On 2019-08-30 14:49, Sherif Ahmad via gimp-gui-list wrote:
​Dear Gnome,

 I suggest you support Rust in Gnome Builder:

        * Cargo support: Clicking Run or build calls Rustc not Cargo's
running or building commands.
        * RLS support: Take advantage of all Info. RLS presents and improve
auto-completion and other IDE functions.

        * Create Builder plugins in Rust.

Since Gnome Builder is in C with good GUI, it can be a better option
than Intellij which performs slowly, consume a lot of RAM and its GUI
isn't well-configured for each language.

Also, I suggest you support GTK-rs [1] officially.
Rust is better and safer than C and C++, so lots of people are
interested in it. Some Gnome developers may decide to port their
programs to Rust.

Since Rust supports Wasm [2], it could be possible to build to GTK and
Gnome applications that run on the web.
Gnome could enter a new field.

Sincerely,
Sherif Ali.