Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-web] Alexandre Prokoudine attacks on GIMP critics around the Web

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 05:51:00AM +0000, Ryan Stark via gimp-developer-list wrote:
One question to ask is why are Procreate and Photoshop so popular with
digital painters and Photoshop wasn't even originally designed for this?
One major reason for this is the way the internal textures to the brushes
are handled. Photoshop isn't even super fast for painting but this feature
gives lovely brush textures. Clip Paint Studio does this but it does it in
a crap way.

I will note in passing that top-posting on developer mailing lists
is generally regarded as bad form (on user lists it seems to be less
unacceptable, although still a PITA), and even gmail can be beaten
into shape for that.  But these 'digital painters' will need to
speak up for themselves on either the -dev or -user lists before
anyone will pay attention.

Meanwhile, the gimp developers have made vast progress in the last
year, for which I thank them (even if I don't agree with all their
decisions re importing raw photos ;) : there are few developers, and
they do not have infinite time to work on whatever interests them.
I will suggest that this thread is a distraction to them and will go
nowhere unless you are either willing to provide code, or to find
someone whom you can sponsor to produce the code.

I hope I will speak for most people here when I say that I don't use
Photoshop and I had never heard of Procreate until you mentioned it.
As a user of libre software, to me they appear to be irrelevant.

ĸen
--
Take three of these a minute for four minutes.  Don't take with
alcohol or you'll grow an extra head.