Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-web] Alexandre Prokoudine attacks on GIMP critics around the Web

If you aren't a heavy critic of Gimp there is something wrong with you. I
appreciate that the app is free open source and developers are working for
free but it seems they are cut off from most users. This is apparent by
simply using the app. Virtually every feature has some kind of usability
bad design and Gimp is not as stable and reliable as it used to be. Most
people are not going to bother going on mailing lists. There doesn't seem
to be any decent forum that everyone uses like there is for Blender as in
Blenderartists and there is no Gimp manual for the latest version. Gimp
appears to be a jack of all trades and master of none so there is no
passionate community. A sign of the problems is that on Linux we have Krita
and Mypaint. If Gimp's tools had been better for painting and manipulating
things on the canvas we would not have needed those apps. Most people edit
photos in a RAW editors now so these more comprehensive 2D image editors
should not be centred around just editing photos.

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 07:20, Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-developer-list <