Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP development- What's the point?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 09:24:50AM -0400, Partha Bagchi wrote:
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Marius Kjeldahl <marius kjeldahl gmail com>
wrote:

I've waited years for Gimp and Inkscape to support Macs, but sadly they
still don't. They barely "run", but they aren't usable. I wrote a blog post
with the details:

https://medium.com/@kjeldahl/gimp-and-inkscape-on-retina-
macs-do-not-work-9601c3052e86#.i3ys9rmhn

So to your question, what's the point?

Can you tell me what's missing in the Mac GIMP support? I've been providing
Mac (and WIndows) builds for a long time and continuing to so.

If you read his blog, he calls it out pretty explicitly (I read it because, I've been using inkscape heavily
on Mac the last week or so).

tl;dr
GTK2 on a retina display sucks because it isn't handling the hight DPI properly.
When Inkscape/GIMP get ported to GTK3, his complaint hopefully disappears.

Jeff

--
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."