Re: [Gimp-developer] OSX

Von: "Michael Bauer" <fios akerbeltz org>

But the really big problem is for locales not supported by the OS, many
medium to small locales fall into this category. If someone localizes
GIMP into, for the sake of argument, Dyirbal (one of the bigger
Australian languages), then they are stuffed unless the application
offers a manual UI language selection because the OS certainly doesn't
offer Dyirbal. In fact 95% of the world's 6000 languages are not
supported as locales by most OS.

I hadn't thought about that, even. I wonder what the official stance of Apple is there (some carefully worded
"we care about market share" probably).

Simone, I hope this can convince you to not remove that code from GIMP?

P.S. Simone, are there are any other changes like this, ones that greatly alter how your build works compared
to a non-modified one?

--
Regards,
Michael