Re: [Gimp-developer] OSX

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:22:15 +0100
Michael Bauer <fios akerbeltz org> wrote:

<snip>

localizes GIMP into, for the sake of argument, Dyirbal (one of the
bigger Australian languages)

Certainly been an interesting topic, and I was moved by the above
statement to read more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyirbal_language

With five (5) speakers of this language, the mind takes a flight of
fancy, imagining the Dyirbal tribal elders spending many a day and
sleepless night bemoaning the lack of their language support in gimp.

While we might be moving away from the days of bandwitdh filtering along
a rusting fence wire, it still seems appropriate to have language
specific programs.

Owen