Re: [Gimp-developer] Blend Tool UI

I like the idea of shaped gradients being handled in the Blend Tool. If the length of the stroke determines
the maximum distance from the selection boundary, it would provide a quick means of stroking the selection or
creating shadows and highlights with interactive control of the thickness.

With regard to moving the blend stroke, I think that ALT+drag should be required, to be consistent with the
behavior of the Vectors Tool. For further consistency with the Vectors Tool, CTRL-drag on the blend stroke
should add a new stop and then repositioning all the stops while dragging. With no modifier key pressed while
dragging along the blend stroke, no new stop should be created and the existing stops should repositioned
based on the drag.

Any mouse drags that are not on the blend stroke or its endpoints should result in the existing blend being
committed and a new one commenced. However, a mouse click by itself that is not on the blend stroke or one of
its endpoints should result in just the blend being committed.