Re: [Gimp-developer] Blend Tool UI

mitch: The alt shortcut has always worked in my prototype. (You sound
like you might not have been aware of this in your email.)

I'm also not sure that the handle size should should necessarily be
consistent with other tools. Gradients have only two endpoints, while
paths or free selections can get significantly more complicated, which
I think justifies having larger handles.

Ofnuts: If a gradient is modified in any way, the preview will update properly.

Simon: Spherical and Dimpled are actually portions of sinusoids, not
quarter circles, but that might be what you meant.

So, the transformations functions look like this:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+1.0+-+sin%28x%29%2C+plot+cos%28x%29%2C++from+x+%3D+0+to+pi%2F2

I'm actually in favor of just removing the Spherical and Dimpled
versions of the shaped gradients. There's not too much to
differentiate between the three right now, and the transformation
functions seem a little silly to me.

I'd like to add in a euclidean-based shaped gradient though, and give
the user a choice between euclidean and manhattan distance metrics.
The manhattan ones aren't very useful alone.