Re: [Gimp-developer] maximize work area

Even if it's not a setting as such, it would be easy (from a UX perspective, probably less so from a coding perspective) to just have the tab section be collapsible.

As an example of how something like that might look, consider the sidebars in darktable. They're generally useful, but you can collapse each one if you want more space, then you can bring it back when you need that functionality back. Better utility than a checkbox hidden in Prefs, but still gives you the option to make it go away.

I've had the same desire when I'm working on a dark image, and I want to make everything bright go away. If I have a light image open, then it becomes impossible to make it go away.

--xsdg