Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, peter sikking <peter mmiworks net> wrote:

it takes mental time
and effort for users to get to the point of hitting that key
(and you and I and all other users do not record that time loss,
because we are so busy figuring out the shortcut; this means none
of us is a reliable witness where it comes to how fast this stuff is)

I want to quote this bit on it's own, because frankly it's damned silly.
 Until you get down to weird sub-atomic particles, just about everything
can be measured.

Learned keystrokes are going to beat "menu click" every time, when it comes
to speed of experienced users.  Yikes.  It's the linux CLI wars all over
again :(

Chris

PS - perhaps unfortunately, full response to follow...