Re: [Gimp-developer] File name in status bar but not in window title bar - bug?

On 02/27/2014 10:21 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
On 02/27/2014 10:03 AM, Jonathan Crowe wrote:

I'm using AwesomeWM. With Gimp 2.9.1 from git I see the image icon and
text in the title bar in single-window mode and traditional mode, as
well as the file name in the status bar. The text in the title bar
includes the image name, mode, imported tag and image pixel dimensions.
I use light dm if that has any relevance!

Jon.
Thanks! I'll try AwesomeWM and see what happens.
Jonathan and Karl, thanks very much for letting me know that you can see text in the title bar. Knowing that other people could see text in the title bar was an incentive to find a solution.

Thinking back, I've never seen text in the GIMP image window title bar. Even in single window mode, there was no text in the title bar.

I upgraded IceWM to 1.3.8 and added the "nls" (native language support) use flag because of Michael Schumacher's suggestion of an encoding problem (not sure if nls is relevant to encoding or not).

Either upgrading or adding the nls flag did the trick and now the image window has the file name in the title bar.

Elle