Re: [Gimp-developer] File name in status bar but not in window title bar - bug?

On 02/27/2014 09:04 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
Von: "Elle Stone" <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com>

I usually don't have the status bar visible for reasons of screeb real
estate. Is the fact that the title bar remains blank a bug? a problem
with the Icewm window manager (not likely as other programs do display
text in the title bar)? a case of user error?

Maybe an encoding issue? Did you try a different WM?

Does anyone using a minimal window manager (or any other window manager) see text in the title bar? If so, which minimal window manager are you using? I "startx" at the command line, which starts IceWm because it's hard-coded in a config file (no *dm), so it would be nice to know which minimal window manager is worth trying.

All the other GIMP windows (Toolbox, Color Picker, etc) have titles in the title bar. In case I'm using the wrong terminology, by "title bar" I mean the strip across the top of the image window, which currently is empty except for the icons for minimizing, maximizing, and closing the window (on the extreme right), and a thumbnail of the image (on the extreme left).