Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp on Steam

On Feb 09 2014, 19:25 Gez wrote:

GIMP is way beyond the stage of getting exposure and growing a userbase.

I have some very serious doubts about that :)

The attention should be put on making it better and more suitable to its
target audience, and that requires devolopers and a lot of work, and I
doubt that Steam (or any other non-free distribution channel) can make
any difference in that regard.

That's apples and oranges :) Developers and packagers are not the same
people in the GIMP team. I'm slightly concerned about how distributing
GIMP through Steam is going to affect packagers, but I'm not worried
about developers at all in that regard.

Alexandre