[Gimp-developer] Gimp on Steam

Hello Gimp developers it’s me with a simple suggestion. I was wondering if you guys would consider using
steam as another distribution platform. Now I am sure you will be worried with the GNU and free software
stuff. But I have good some good news

KRITA a fellow open source proyect is doing it and without losing it’s open source coolness.

to quote them "Krita is Free software, licensed under the GNU Public License, version 2 or any later version
at your option. Any work done to make Krita integrate with the Steam platform will, of course, be Free
Software. Any work done to improve Krita will be open source”

sources:
http://krita.org/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225403385

It would be amazing if we could use steam by using a trustable and multiplataform installer plus… you guys
could post updates without us having to download gimp all over again  whenever a new version is real eased.
Plus the opens source awesome will get more exposure. It’s a win win scenario imo.

Thank you for your consideration!