Re: [Gimp-developer] Documentation on color spaces

On 10/9/13, Rolf Steinort <info meetthegimp org> wrote:
On 09.10.2013 15:20, Elle Stone wrote:
If my Guide seems useful to developers, I'll put the content under an
applicable license so it can be hosted elsewhere and modified by other
people.
Please do that! I'll make a video from it (well, parts of it, as usual
with the books also.... ;-) )

Rolf, can you suggest an appropriate license?

Several people have said very kind things about the Guide and a couple
of people think there might be a more general audience than just
programmers. So perhaps I should move the Guide out of the "temp"
folder (which is for temporary posts) and over to the "photography"
folder, with appropriate license information at the bottom and with
the reference to Gimp from git and Cairo in Figure 6 removed.

I'm sure "adding documentation" is like "adding code" - it doesn't
happen automagically. But if anyone wants to put (all or portions) of
the Guide somewhere in Gimp documentation, I can supply a PDF or a
latex file, or plain text, or whatever is convenient. And if having
the Guide also on my website presents a conflict of some sort (I don't
know how these things are supposed to work), I can remove the Guide
from my website altogether.

Several people have expressed an interest in Part 2, so writing Part 2
in on my "to do" list.

Elle