Re: [Gimp-developer] GUI/Interaction Design

On 10/09/2013 04:17 PM, Michael Natterer wrote:
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to publically announce that Peter Sikking (IRC
guiguru/guihipster) is back on the project.

Without going into details on how and why the cooperation has been
difficult/stalled for quite a time, I think it's justified so make
a few things clear, in order to avoid future trouble:

- Most things will be like before
- Peter is our interaction architect and has the say on whether a GUI is
good
   enough for GIMP
- This does *not* mean that he will just decide and things have to be
developed
- Everything can and will be discussed
- Things happen iteratively, no design/interaction idea and no code idea is
   right or final on first try, if we keep that in mind, nobody has to
panic
- We will implement GUI things by consensus, where interaction design and
   development present their ideas to each other and *talk*
- I mean *talk*, not playing piss games, everybody just behave
reasonably and
   listen to each other and all will be fine

That's mostly it, I'm looking forward to getting some great GUI stuff done,
instead of just guessing what might be right for our users.

Regards,
--Mitch

I don't mean to clog up the discussion, but this news deserves to be welcomed!

Thank you to Peter, Mitch, and all the many others who have done such great work.

I know we can't ever fully comprehend all the work and time that everybody has invested, or ever properly thank you for what you have made. So, this will have to do....

Thanks!

Jay