Re: [Gimp-developer] HELP with SYMBOLIC icon theme for Gimp.

El 06/10/13 10:08, Sven Claussner escribió:
Hi all,

Hi!

I'm also for an additional dark theme. Both (dark and lighter theme)
can ease the artists work and be used to check the images appearance
on-the-fly.

I've already sat for hours on searching for a suitable dark theme,
integrating the Gnome art-libre icon set and after asking Jimmac at IRC
without ulterior motives one day before his G+ posting the things are
now slipped away from my hands. If it still matters - Andrea Cimitans
Darklooks theme looks suitable. In Debian it's in the package
'gnome-themes-extras'.

I also think there's more to a professional, user-supporting theme
than assembling nice pieces out of a spontaneous idea. Ad hoc topics
like suitability for speedy work, using a theme engine that works on
all important platforms (Linux, Windows, OS X) and suitability for
High-DPI (Retina) displays come to my mind. Therefore I asked Peter for
some input on the topic. Perhaps we know more next week.

First at all, excuse my poor English. I think I don't understand some things you say. :S

I understand you are talking about 2 things: gtk dark theme and icon theme.

You say you are working to bring a default dark theme together a gnome-art libre symbolic icon theme, isn't it?

The thing is that the icon theme I'm working is based on gnome-art libre symbolic icon theme and the gnome-art is not finished. So I try to finish it.

So, maybe some parts of my work, but all, could be used to achieve your goal.

My theme can be used on light gtk themes, the gnome-art libre does not work on light themes cause icons are lighter too. I have working on two symbolic icon theme versios: one lighter (based upon the original gnome-art libre set) an the darken one (the theme you can see on screenshot and download from previous mails).

Another thing we should consider is the license. The used symbolic
icon set is licensed under the Creative Commons Share Alike License 3
(CCBYSA3). It is probably [incompatible with the GPL] used in GIMP
and could also be incompatible with Linux distributor approvals.
IMHO either the icon set and theme are relicenced under the GPL or we
need something else if we want to integrate them into GIMP.
The Darklooks theme uses the GPLv2.

May be all the people involved on gnome art-libre set could be agree to change the license to GPL.

There are a AUTHORS file with all the e-mails and we can ask them.

I'm agree to change the license, so there are no problem in my concern. ;)

If this is clarified: As the 2.8 branch is for bugfixes I'm for
integration into the master branch so the theme will be in the 2.10
release and who likes can use it in 2.8 anyway (both use GTK+ 2).

JEsuSdA 8) thanks anyway for your work. You did a great job and now
that we're further there's surely less work to be done. Keep it up! :-)

Thank you, I do the best I can. ;)
It is a pleasure work with and for Gimp.

Kind regards,
Sven