Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP and wmii

On 03/29/2013 09:10 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
This is not a response to your request for which sections of Gimp code
are involved - sorry! However, wmii is a tiling window manager,
meaning it wants to put all windows side by side, no overlaps, perhaps
that is a clue to the behavior?

Probably no one has responded because wmii is not so commonly used as
other window managers. Would you be willing to install perhaps
another, non-tiling window manager (I use Icewm myself) to see if the
problem persists? That would help pinpoint whether tiling per se is
involved in the problem.

Also, does the odd behavior ever stop, with a resulting stable display
of the windows? Can you use/have you tried single-window mode?

Elle
I hved a similar problem with my dual-screen setup - the way I work around it is to switch to single-window mode and then switch back to multiple window mode, which I normally use.