Re: [Gimp-developer] now: project ideas, was: unified transform tool

One thing I wish Gimp had is a better eyedropper tool for checking
color values. That is the one thing, practially the only thing, that
PhotoShop had (and presumably still has) that I wish Gimp had. The
PhotoShop eyedropper tool simultaneously showed RGB, CMYK, and LAB
values, at user-settable 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit floating point
precision. Right now if I want to find a LAB value for a color I have
to export the image and open it with CinePaint or Krita.

Another feature that would be nice (if it doesn't already exist and I
just haven't found it yet), is the ability to highlight different
"Zones" in an image. Lightzone had that ability. It's a pretty nice
tool to have when working with curves and levels to alter image
tonality, especially for people with monitors that are not properly
calibrated/color-managed and so can't be relied on to give good visual
feedback.

Elle