Re: [Gimp-developer] now: project ideas, was: unified transform tool

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Srihari Sriraman wrote:
Here's one thing that I've long wanted:

Relative Layer Positioning

I'm unsure about the name for such a thing, what I had in mind is:

Often, I don't care much about exact positioning of a layer in the canvas.
I care more about where it lies with respect to another layer.
I care that one line of text is on the same level as another.
I would like one ellipse exactly at the same level as another.
I want to align all the elements of the footer in my poster.
I want to decide whether this layer I want to move should be horizontally
aligned or vertically aligned with the adjacent layer.

Are you talking about adding more options to the existing Align/Distribute tool?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org