Re: [Gimp-developer] Re : Feedback from an ordinary user

În data de Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:32:55 +0200, Alexia Death a scris:

> [...] Save is "safe" and always keeps everthing you can see in GIMP
> UI - you can continue editing from it. Export is always destructive.
> No other format than XCF supports all gimp features.

Just curious: assuming I open an existing .png file, either do nothing
or just crop to some smaller dimension, then export it again as .png
file format. What is destructive in this case from the file type
perspective ? (your statement about export being *always* destructive)

Should I understand that in the exported version GIMP will alter
somehow the original .png file structure so that it becomes
"destructive" ?

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară