Re: [Gimp-developer] lcms high bit depth update: getting closer, but undo doesn't work

I'm not suggesting a hack. I'm using modified vs unmodified babl files
as a diagnostic tool.

If something works when the babl file *is* modified to eliminate the
back and forth conversions, and doesn't work when the babl file
*isn't* modified, that suggests that some bit of Gimp code - code that
is not inside the lcms.c plugin itself - is calling those babl files
*during* the ICC color space conversion process.

I wanted to know which babl functions are being invoked in "case A -
the babl files are *not* interfering with the ICC profile color
conversion process (8-bit and 16-bit integer)" compared to "case B -
the babl files *are* interfering with the ICC profile color conversion
process (indexed and 32-bit floating point)".

So I added write statements to the babl "model-rgb.c" functions and to
the "lcms.c" plug-in functions, to locate where indexed and 32-bit
floating point color conversions (which *don't* work unless the babl
file is modified) and 8-bit/16-bit integer color conversions (which
work *without* modifying the babl file) diverge in the model-rgb.c
babl functions that are called during the color conversion process.

Hopefully the resulting terminal output will be useful in tracking
down which Gimp functions (not lcms.c functions) are calling which
babl functions during the ICC profile conversion process.

--
Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com - articles on open source digital photography