Re: [Gimp-developer] API for time of last change vs. last export

El 19/11/12 05:10, Alexia Death escribió:
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Akkana Peck<akkana shallowsky com>  wrote:
On the thread-which-shall-be-nameless, when folks were asking for
a way to quit GIMP without being prompted to save files that had
already been exported, Alexia wrote:
Oh, let me throw up this idea for you -  you do not need a fork, just
a script to override the default close... Very easy to install,
maintain and distribute. No fork needed.
Alexia, how?  I looked into it, but couldn't figure out any way
to do it.
Good question. I asked mitch if this is possible and he said yes. My
idea was to override the close, but now that I look at it, the problem
is, that you seem to be unable to get the display for user opened
image to close it...

Maybe a good compromise to put an end to this discussion (and leaving almost everybody happy) would be to expose in the API all the variables involved in the save/export procedure, not only the close dialog, so anybody can create a script that brings back the old behavior without patching or modifying the default install. That would avoid the need of a fork, and a plugin to revert to the old behavior would be around the corner. More importantly, the default workflow proposed by the development and UI teams wouldn't be affected.

G.