Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

Em 19-11-2012 00:08, Graeme Gill escreveu:
Alexia Death wrote:
> Even the act of loading a file into memory as pixel data and then
> recompressing on save is lossy for lossy formats and grayscale formats
> outright destroy information if the original is color. It is not
This type of argument simply doesn't hold water. A file that
holds the image data in a lossily compressed format positively
indicates that this is what the user intends. They have chosen
a certain image quality vs. file size tradeoff, and not maintaining
this choice is discarding the users preferences.
Sorry, I don't think is a good idea to base development decisions suposing that the user knows all of what he is doing. If an user don't understand loss of data and is never warned, he/she will keep saving over the file and increasingly losing data. It is much more 'humane' to start by the premise that the user should be warned.
--
Thiago