Re: [Gimp-developer] Overlay Mode - fix.

El 14/11/12 04:57, Paul Geraskin escribió:
Hi again.

I talked to Krita developer "Boud"  by IRC and he said many interesting things about linear RGB.
He said that there is no need to convert to Linear RGB. Krita does not convert anything. It only mixes layers.
So everything is simplier. You just need to implement my patch and make "New Overlay"/"Legacy Overlay"
for new/old XCF formats.

Paul:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/linear-gamma-blur-normal-blend.html

If you don't want to read the entire post just take a look to the first two pictures.
It shows clearly the difference between linear and sRGB blending, and both images were created using Krita.

Those were brush strokes, but the same happens with alpha blending

Gez.