Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 2.8.0 - Saving in .jpg or .png hmmmmm

Jason Simanek <jsimanek <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This is getting old. All they gotta do is go use some other FREE
> graphics application. Most of these complaints could be addressed by
> simply changing their keyboard shortcuts to use the "overwrite"
> command instead. I always change about 60% of the Gimp shortcuts
> anyway. (need to keep my sanity going back and forth between Photoshop
> and Gimp) Not a big deal.

Here's the problem - overwrite only works once. Then it becomes export.
And you can't assign the same keyboard shortcut to both.
You'll have to assign two shortcuts, and remember to use one shortcut the
first time, and the other shortcut the second, third etc.
That is indeed a strange behavior - a command that only works once per file.

Say what you will about save vs. export but this has to be fixed.