Re: [Gimp-developer] contribution processes...

I really have no special opinion on that. I am, however, concerned
about "People can propose patch for the spec without need to have an
account." -- that smells like a welcome sign to spammers. And that's,
as far as I can tell, the only reason we have user registration by
request at wiki.gimp.org and gui.gimp.org.

No, that mean that since the wiki IS a Git repository, an alternate way of editing it is to clone this repository and do some commits. That way, people without registration can still work on it and propose a patch. No risk of spam because someone with a valid access still need to accept the changes.
--
Michael