Re: [Gimp-developer] GSoC Questions

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Isaac Wagner <isaacbwagner gmail com> wrote:
>> http://pippin.gimp.org/tmp/gegl-foo/ for some screen shots). Such a
>> tool that permits more direct manipulation and testing of the concepts
>> of GEGL (which is a processing graph of nodes) permits faster
>> developer feedback as well as making it easier to construct test cases
>> for verifying the behavior of GEGL - this is something that increases
>> in importance as GEGL is adopted for the core parts of GIMP.
>

> If I have the support of those in charge of GSoC, and this project would be
> appropriate for GSoC, I'll work on a detailed proposal outlining UI ideas,
> features, etc. My original intent was, as you said, for the tool to be
> useful in testing GEGL and designing independent meta-ops and perhaps
> eventually serve as a base for integration into GIMP.
>
> I had an idea this morning and I'm curious what you all think of it. I fully
> understand the appeal of the simplified linear operation stack. The tricky
>  >snip<

Figuring out how it fit's into the future UI vision of GIMP is outside
the scope of GSOC, though pondering some such possibilities together
with Peter Sikking might be relevant. It is better to consider this a
stand-alone development and debugging tool that would be planned and
developed in a way that possibly allows reusing it as a component if
desired later.

/Ø