Re: [Gimp-developer] GSoC - 2012 - Implement the combined selection tool

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Robert Sasu wrote:

> Futhermore Alexandrine issued to get rid of SIOX tool and to choose between
> Jan's  project and the GSoC project on SIOX tool.

1) Alexandrine is a girl's name. I do genuinely believe that I'm a
boy. I'd even push my luck and go as far as "man" :)
2) I don't think I ever suggested to choose between Jan's project and
the semi-successful GSoC SIOX project. None of them can be accepted in
their present form.

> How important is this project for this year's GSoC?

Well, we are aiming to replace as much of the legacy code with GEGL
based code as possible. If we can make better tools while at that, I'd
hazard a guess that this project would be important.

> Are there tasks for me to do in this period, what should I learn, is there
> some research to be done ?
>

> ps. I saw the list of the needed GEGL ops on the Ideas page. Last year
> I have implemented coloar-to-alpha and rotate-colors ops in GEGL.

I dare say you implemented far more operations :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org